Poppy seed dressing, one of the most flavorful and delicious salad dressings. It is vegan, tangy, and super easy. Ready in 5 minutes with 6 ingredients!
If you’re looking for a tasty salad dressing but want to try something different, this poppy seed dressing will blow your mind! It is super flavorful and delicious, as well as super easy to prepare.
Only 6 ingredients and 5 minutes required, this poppy seed dressing recipe will make all your dishes taste amazing. Besides, it is way healthier than the store-bought options because it doesn’t contain artificial additives nor preservatives.
How to make poppy seed dressing
- Add all the ingredients to a jar, top with the lid, and shake until the ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Use your poppy seed dressing immediately.
Poppy seed dressing ingredients and tips
- Extra virgin olive oil: I’m Spanish, so I use extra virgin olive oil to cook most of my dishes. However, any type of oil will work. I always use extra virgin oils when possible because they’re healthier.
- Vinegar: I used balsamic vinegar, but this poppy seed dressing recipe will work with any type of vinegar, and even lemon juice.
- Maple or agave syrup: feel free to make your poppy seed salad dressing with any type of sweetener.
- Poppy seeds.
- Yellow or Dijon mustard: I prefer yellow mustard, but this poppy seed dressing will work with any type of mustard.
- Salt: I used iodized salt, but any kind of salt will work.
- Feel free to serve your poppy seed salad dressing with recipes like kale salad, vegan Caprese salad, or even vegan pasta salad. If you’d like to add it to other dishes, it will probably work really well with a cauliflower steak.
What are poppy seeds?
Poppy seeds are seeds that come from the poppy seed plant. They are rich in antioxidants and nutrients and can be used in plenty of different recipes because of their beneficial properties.
Looking for more dressing recipes?
Did you make this poppy seed dressing recipe?
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (60 ml)
- 2 tbsp vinegar, I used balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients to a jar, top with the lid, and shake until the ingredients are completely mixed together. You can also add them to a small bowl and mix with a fork or a whisk until well combined.
- Use you poppy seed salad dressing with recipes like kale salad, vegan Caprese salad, vegan pasta salad, or even with a cauliflower steak.
- Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks. Shake before using. If your poppy seed dressing solidifies in the fridge, just let it rest at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Feel free to use any type of oil, vinegar, sweetener, or mustard you want to customize your poppy seed dressing recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.2 g